Christmas Sewing and Other Stuff

I've been doing a bit of sewing in addition to the Advent Calendar WIP.

Here is a pic of a quick fish for Ned as he and Isla were fighting over a knitted one I made a couple of years ago (pre-rav). This was a 15 min job of drafting up a quick pattern, cutting out the fabric (I used the outer of an old minky nappy for the fish and some felt and fabric scraps for the rest):

One of a few Christmas dresses I am making using various patterns from youcanmakethis.com :

I have also just made a prototype pair of shorts for hubby (a template for some sailing shorts he wants with much more expensive/hard to get fabric), and sewn the buttons on Islas Olearia shrug (but I was one short....*sob*)

Since Tikki has been ill and the KAL put on hold for a week, I was able to get through the miles of stocking stitch left on Isla's Retrogirl. I love it and she looks gorgeous in it, the colour suits her, but I don't have modelled shots yet:


Lots happening around here, I just hope I can get everything I want done in time for Christmas!

Comments