Swaps and Challenges

I've done quite a few crafty things recently but haven't had time to photograph them all. I've made a rainbow bag for Kindy Sheets (the thicker flannel ones don't fit in the kindy bag like the thin summer ones), some polymer clay buttons (yep, like I needed yet another craft), card making (all gone) and knitting knitting and more knitting.



I have also signed up for a colour swap on Ravelry. Which is actually timely as I've also signed up to this months challenge in the 12 for 12 over here. Originally I was going to make a "fish toy" as requested by Ned, but now I have decided to scrap that idea as I have too many other WIPs. I have decided to make my own knitting project bag. I didn't want a boxy bag with zip as I find zips annoying with knits, and I've been wanting to make one of these for ages but didn't want something so fiddly to make. So I've come up with a compromise:

The drawstrings can be used as handles and there is a clear pocket on the inside for all my other bits and pieces. The size is perfect for me as you can see it fits my current WIP (an almost finished girls size 2 cardigan) plus a 200g ball of wool. I also love the print I used. I was intending to send this to my swap partner BUT, I wasn't completely happy with a few things on this one that weren't perfect so I'll be making another one (or two or three as kids have also each requested one for their toys).

Comments