Goodbye 2009

December has been a very eventful month for me. I started it trying to make many a Christmas present and filling a big custom order. Half way through the month was my 10 year wedding anniversary. Which was then followed by a week of food poisoning including high grade fever, vomiting etc etc. which set my crafty plans way back. The Christmas parties then kicked off and in the end I had to concede I just couldn't make all the gifts I had planned and went and bought a few I knew I wouldn't be able to make in time.

I did however manage to make:

Skirts for both my new little nieces
A Christmas skirt for Isla
A knitted cotton shrug to match Islas skirt - which has now gone missing :( -> update I found it!
Notebook covers with pen holders for my SILs

Gee, when I type it out it looks like I didn't accomplish much at all....then again I really didn't have a lot of time.

I have just finished knitting myself a beautiful neck warmer for our forthcoming trip to Canada. I used the Dulce Neck Cozy pattern and it looks great whilst being a quick knit. I didn't think I'd finish in time but it is done and I've written a pattern for a matching headband which I will do in a separate post. Pics will come later once the sun comes up and I find the camera etc....and here is the neckwarmer, headband in next post.

Comments