Friday, 25 July 2008

Last Minute Nappies

I decided that since bubs is staying put a bit longer to make a few more newborn AIOs with gussetts for when I venture out. I didn't want to buy more fabric (since I have too much already) so I went through what I had and used what I could find. I am still waiting on some bamboo fleece so the absorbent material in these are one full body layer of cotton terry with a sewn-in booster attached to that of 2 layers microfibre, one layer bamboo terry, one layer cotton terry. They have a hidden PUL layer with fleece/microchenille (the pink one) outer and microfleece inner. I adapted the velcro version of my pattern for snaps so that it is a bit neater on the inside of the nappy. I relaly like them so hope they work OK. These took aaaaaages to make because Ned kept harassing me (doesn't like me doing things for the baby) and I made one and a half per day:
I have been obsessed with baby carriers te past few days. I've decided to make my own wrap carrier (to begin with) and then maybe a mei tei when bub is a bit older and can hold her own head up. I'd love to go to spotlight and get more fabric but I am holding off until she comes. But if I am still around on Monday I will probably venture up there anyway (Ned loves driving the little cars that they have at the supa centre around).

Anyway, back to knitting my cardi...

2 comments:

  1. i'm loving these elastic style gussets! any chance you could add a tutorial, or maybe some inner workings pics?
    thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have actually started a new blog specifically for that purpose. You can check it out at http://www.diynappies.info
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete