WHW Trutle Wrap - Posted 05/05/07

Edit Note 28/11/07: I shrank the wrap and it fitted better bu was then a bit narrow through the crotch. Giving up on this pattern.
It's May!!!! I can't believe my boy will be a year old in 2 weeks time. It has absolutely flown. He's almost walking on his own now too - very scary.
This is the finished Warm Heart Woolies Wrap I was working on a few weeks back. I wanted to try it for nights as I still have to do midnight changes and this would just make it that bit easier and quicker than a soaker.
I'm a little bit disappointed as I wanted the entire waistand in the varigated green but ran out of wool, and I started the turtle, my own design, too high and it turned out a bit elongated. In hindsight I should have undone it to where I wanted it and modified the design as I went but I wanted to get started on my next project. Overall though I do like this pattern - it's easy to knit and looks good. I haven't tried it on Ned yet (I took ages to sew on the velcro as I didn't have any and couldn't be bothered going to the shops to get it) so I'm waiting until I have before I pass my final judgement on it. I am currently knitting a new soaker for Ned to replace the ones he's outgrown (the previous two in my blog) in Navy blue with some yellow/orange/red stripes. I'm also waiting on some Addis so I can start a pair of longies using some new wool I've dyed (and I love it, even though I wasn't sure about the gold/green in it to begin with) - see pic in my page header.
See you soon...

Comments